Peyton School District
Required Financial Transparency
Colorado Revised Statute, 22-44-304
(Commencing July 1, 2018)
- District Adopted Budget – Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- District Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Financial Data File for FY 17-18* (current and prior two years: FY16-17 and FY15-16) (Districts identified as small/rural with less than 1,000 K-12 students and having no charter schools are required to post financial data file with district level financial information only.)
- List of Waivers Received by the School District (not applicable)
- Standardized Description and Rationale for Each Automatic Waiver (not applicable)
- Federal Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF and any associated schedules (not applicable)
- Plan for Distributing Additional Mill Levy Revenue or Statement of Intent to Distribute
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
All documents above must be posted or updated within 60 days (30 days for waiver information) after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement, or document.*Financial Data File for FY17-18 is required to be posted no later than March 1, 2019.
- Link to Financial Transparency Website View: https://coloradok12financialtransparency.com
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
District Informational Summary
The Peyton School District 23JT is a small rural school district in El Paso County, Colorado.The District owns 148 acres of land, 3 school buildings, and one support site totalling 148 thousand square feet of building space with a current replacement value of over $15 million. The district services 122 square miles that encompass parts of both El Paso and Elbert Counties. The District provides services for over 600 students this year and employs over 100 teachers, education support professionals, and administrators.
Melissa Kirchner, Business Manager
Timothy Kistler, Superintendent
Peyton School District 23JT
13990 Bradshaw Rd
Peyton, CO 80831